Kodi vepudu (chicken fry)
Kodi vepudu (chicken fry) recipe
- Coconut Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Onion – 1 large
- Green chilies – 2 medium
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Chicken – 0.8 lb
- Red chili powder – 1/4 spoon
- Coriander powder – 1/4 spoon
- Garam masala – 1/4 spoon
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 bunch
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Lemon – 1 number
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, green chilies and saute the mix until the onions start to look golden/ translucent
- Then add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, the first dose of salt, chicken pieces to it and saute it.
- After a minute, add the second dose of salt, red chili powder along with half cup of water. Cook it at low heat with the lid closed for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season it with coriander powder, garam masala, and saute it. Let it cook with closed lid for about 2 minutes.
- At last, garnish with lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- The key is to slow cook the dish. Vary the amounts of onion/ chilli depending on how much ‘gravy’ you want in your dish. Voila!
Bon Appetite! 🙂